Squeeze a ten-minute HIIT session into your day from the comfort of your own home.
Boost your core strength, endurance and fitness with this at-home endorphins-boosting (and sweat-inducing) workout. This hard and fast workout brings your favourite HIIT moves home (literally) and all you need is a medicine ball… and a little motivation. The question is, are you up for the challenge?
20 Russian Twists.
10 med ball push ups – So have the medicine ball under one hand when you do the push up (on your knees or toes). After you do a rep, roll the med ball over to your other hand for the next rep.
Alternate Lunges with a Med Ball – as you lunge twist your torso over your front leg, hold that position briefly, then change legs and twist to the other side.
Squat Thrust – Hold the medicine ball at your chest, go down into a deep squat, and push the med ball over head as you stand back up again. So as you squat the med ball come to your chest, and as you stand it goes into the air to hike up your heart rate.
20 Mountain Climbers.
How to do the exercises…
- Sit on the mat with your legs bent in front of you. If you have access to a medicine ball, kettle bell or a dumbbell hold it in front of your chest with both hands.
- Now lean back slightly until you feel your abs engage.
- Twist your torso to the right with your weight of choice (or just your hands), tap it to the ground next to your hip, then twist back to starting position.
- Do the same on the other side.
- To make this harder, lift your feet on the ground. It will force you to suck in your core for balance.
Medicine Ball Push Up
- Get into plank position with your hands on the floor directly under your shoulders, your stomach sucked in and your glutes squeezed tight. You can be on your toes or your knees.
- Put the medicine ball under one hand.
- Press your elbows back as you lower your chest towards the ground.
- Push yourself back up.
- Roll the ball to your other hand for the next rep.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Crouch down with your hands flat on the floor.
- Once balanced, kick your legs back into a plank while lowering yourself down onto the floor.
- Now Push yourself back up and jump your legs forward into a low squat.
- Now straighten up into a jump with your hands over your head
- That’s one rep.
Alternate Lunge with Medicine Ball twist
- Stand straight with the medicine ball between your hands and just below your chest.
- As you lunge back with one keg, twist your engaged torso with the medicine ball over your front leg.
- hold that position briefly, then change legs and twist to the other side and alternate legs.
- Stand straight, suck in your stomach, hold the medicine ball at your chest.
- Push your hips back and lower into a deep squat.
- Now as you stand back up again push the med ball over.
- As you squat back down again, lower me med ball back to chest height.
- Get into plank position with your hands on the floor directly under your shoulders, your stomach sucked in and your glutes squeezed tight. You should also be up on your toes.
- Tuck one leg into your chest, then return it to plank and swap legs.
- Your weight should be placed on the balls of your feet.
- Go as fast as you can for the 40 seconds.
How fit are you?
November 1, 201710:41am